Thursday, March 17, 2011


This whole MTC thing, it's really awesome! I'm learning so much and it has changed my life. They told me that this is probably one of the only times in my life that I will be fully living the Law of consecration (unless I go on another mission). That is so awesome to me. You should go on a mission. It will change your life. I've grown so much in the past month it is really crazy. I know the Lord is helping me work through my faults so that I can be the best tool for him. I'm starting to understand what it means to be selfless. I was thinking in the Temple today about Jesus Christ and all he did for us. You know how everyone has an example? Or someone that has gone through a similar experience and you can share about it and be understood? We have Jesus Christ, but he doesn't really have anyone. I mean he has Heavenly Father and Mother but he doesn't really have anyone else to share his burden with. He's all by himself and he did it because he loves us that much. Isn't that amazing? He went through the crucifixion because he loved us. He was completly selfless. The epitome of selflessness. My love for Him has grown so much and my trust in Him is stronger than it has ever been. He's helped me so much with everything here; Dealing with stress, learning a language, working on improving myself, working with my companion, teaching investigators, and helping me to fell the spirit. This life is only possible with his help.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel,
    If I wanted to send you something, how could I do this??

    :D thinking of you,

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's me, holly! That's so awesome! i'm really happy for you and i'll continue to pray for you! I'll miss you at staff training...=//// i will miss all of the jokes/hugs/laughters that we shared last training! Keep up the great work that you're doing over there! you're so amazing/brave for going on this mission! I haven't gone on a mission yet...one day, i hope to go somewhere lolll hopefully soon?! loll anyways, keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete